My Gear and Tools
Current as of 10/14/2023
Some items have respective links to Amazon, that helps defray some of the hosting costs and gets me more play money to purchase cool, new gear):
- Task Manager – GoodTask + Reminders – GoodTask is still my favorite task manager as it integrates with Reminders and can be as powerful as I want it to be (very customizable). I have started to utilize Things a bit and I keep returning to GoodTask.
- Text Editor – Nova + BBEdit – Depending on the situation, I am switching between Nova and BBEdit…both are great applications.
- Terminal App – Terminal – It is always nice to use the built in applications as they present on all macOS devices.
- Automation App – Hazel
- Online Backup Service – Backblaze
- Backup Application – Carbon Copy Cloner
iOS / iPadOS
- Podcast App – Castro – I am very glad that the Castro podcast app has received updates and it looks like it is under development again so I switched back to it. The way the inbox functionality works in the app lines up with how I would like to use the application.
- Camera App – Halide – The best (IMHO) camera app on iOS.
- Scanning App – Scan Thing
- Document Scanning App – Notes
- Game – Magic Arena – Too many games to list right now! I have cut down on my gaming time to focus on creating more content.
- Game – Dawncaster
iOS and macOS
- Password Manager – 1Password
- Package Tracking App – Parcel – This application was a life-saver during the holiday season in helping me keep track of gifts being shipped all over the world.
- Calendar App – Calendar.app
- Recipe Manager – Mela
- RSS Reader – Reeder
- Read Later Application – Reeder
- Email Application – Mail.app
- Note Taking App – Drafts – If a more complex workflow is needed for the note I took, it resides in drafts. If only a simple copy and paste is needed, I utilize Tot.
- Mastodon Application – Ivory – After moving most of my social media presence to Mastodon and Facebook, Ivory has become my go-to application on iOS, iPadOS, and macOS.
- Social Media – Threads
- Camera – Fujifilm X-H2s
- Keyboard – Keychron Q3 Pro SE
- Dock – OWC Thunderbolt Pro Dock – I have moved back to the OWC Thunderbolt Pro Dock due to the CFExpress slot (amongst other things!).
- Universal Remote – Sofabaton Remote
- Laptop – 14″ MacBook Pro
- Physical Scanner – Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1300
- Daily Use Backpack – Pakt Travel Backpack
- Travel Backpack – Peak Design Travel Backpack
- Camera Backpack – Shimoda Explore V2 35
- Tech Pouch – Peak Design Tech Pouch
- 3D Printer – Ankermake M5
- Watch – Apple Watch Ultra
- Phone – iPhone 15 Pro Max
- Laser Printer – HP Color LaserJet Pro M254dw – This one can’t be purchased anymore yet it is still in use in the KoAbe household! I have also heard great things about any of the Brother laser printers out there!
- Inkjet Printer – Epson 4850 – We needed a printer that would properly print on specific materials and the laser printer was not cutting it. Shiori and I love the large tanks and ease of reloading the device. It was rather simple to set up, too.
- iPhone Battery Pack – Anker MagSafe Battery Pack + Stand